Okanagan Housing Cooperative Association (Maple Lanes) is a family and 2 pet friendly complex. No smoking is allowed in the complex. We have common areas for children to play, small fenced in front yards, common areas, a small dog park and 2 parking spaces per unit.
We have a property manager that works with the Board of Directors and various trades companies we work with.
In 2009 Okanagan Housing Co-operative in Kelowna, BC. was awarded a Let Them Be Kids Kool-Aid Smile award to build a new playground in our housing Co-op, more info. We are on a bus route and close to shopping centers and a 10 min walk to Ben Lee Park.
Our community is guided by the following values:
- As a non-profit community, our housing charges are always below market rent
- We keep the site in good repair to ensure safety and accessibility
- We invest in social events and seasonal celebrations because we believe strong communities are safer communities
- We believe there is a role for every member in building a strong democratic co-op
- We engage in strategic planning every year to assess how we carry out our mission
- We maintain our buildings to ensure long term durability, safety, and the health of our co-op for future generations
- We value communication that updates the membership not just on board business, but on community life
- We appreciate and value the opinions of others, including those that differ from our own
- We are committed to thriving as a diverse and mixed income community
- We stick up for each other and do not tolerate racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, ageism, body shaming, and other forms of discrimination and harassment.
- We are proud to be part of the international co-operative housing movement and uphold its values and principles
- We understand ourselves as stewards of the buildings and land in this co-op. We make decisions with future generations in mind and are committed to choosing the most sustainable and environmentally responsible way forward
- We are always evolving as our community and the co-op sector evolves
- We co-operate with one another to ensure the common good